Refashioning

I think refashioning is the 'cool' word for what I did yesterday. I have been pondering making my jumpsuit into a pair of pants. I had sewn the jumpsuit a couple of years ago and loved it, but I didn't enjoying having to take it all off to go pee. So I sat down with a nice cup of home brewed chai and started cutting and pinning.

After trying out two new seams on my machine and adding a broad elastic band in the waist, my pants were done and pretty. In my eyes they don't look 'homemade' but 'handmade', which is the look I'm going for. 

I have wanted to learn how to sew better for years and yesterday I made a move towards that. It is going to be a long process, but some day I hope to be able to make whatever item of clothes that is in my mind. For my next pair of pants I think I'll add in some pockets...

No comments:

Post a Comment