Fabric and a sewing lesson

I asked my parents for fabric and a sewing lesson from my mum for my birthday and they said it was a lovely idea. I want to make this:
source
Simple, classic, but with a twist. Made in jersey, which can be tricky to sew in, but which is also very comfortable. I might be going for grey and black shoulders.

My maternal grandmother was a seamstress by profession, so my mum knows a bit about sewing. I have sewn before and I'm not a complete beginner, but it has been so many years since I last sewed something from a pattern, that I would like my mum to hold my hand through it. An added bonus is that we have to be on the same island for this project.

I can really see this piece finding it's way into my wardrobe in many colours and variations...



No comments:

Post a Comment