Knitting flowers in the frost


So I’m finally at THAT POINT in my knitting on the corn flower shawl, which I’m knitting for a family friend’s yarn store. I’ve just finished the 9th flower in the center and the body is now 76 cm. I still have 4 more flowers to add, but I just want to be done with the body already.
This may stem from a want to knit all the things for me. I have an actual need for hand knitted socks. I have an almost need for t-shirts and cardigans. I want to knit miles of autopilot stockinette stitches on tiny needles and in a single colour.
I also find that my taste in colours for knitting has changed.
I have never liked multi coloured or self striping yarns. I’m a solid colours and some times heathers kinda gal. But now I’m fascinated by greys and other neutrals.

The reason I have not cast on for the one project I have yarn for (by the way, I love not having a stash), is that I’m afraid I’ll abandon this poor beautiful shawl. It’s the 500+ stitches of fair isle on every single round that is killing me...

How do you go about this thing? The only solution I can think of is power through and hope I'll get to the end of the body sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment