Baking kisses



I went to the meat district today, but not for meat. I went to get piping bags so that I could make something I made not once, not twice, but trice (love that word, trice, and you so rarely get to use it) over Easter.

This is what I'm talking about:


Liqourice kisses!

You'll need:
3 egg whites
265 g. sugar
1 tea spoon vinegar (any kind will do, I have used plain white, raspberry and finally apple cider)
4 tea spoons of raw liqourice powder


Whip the egg whites, sugar and vinegar till it is the consistency of  soft ice. Add the raw liqourice powder. Put the mixture into a piping bag and make small kisses, tons of small kisses. You are likely to need 3 baking trays.

Bake at 110 C in a convection oven for 50 min.
Split one to see if it is the consistency you want and enjoy!

NB. These kisses can be highly addictive, so be warned you may find yourself surrounded by friends and family constantly asking you for more kisses, not that that it is a bad thing...






No comments:

Post a Comment