Make do and mend

First off, let me excuse the poor quality of these pictures below. Our camera is currently on a plane with my man making its way from Barcelona to Copenhagen.


With the dark nights growing longer it was time to do some of the mending I have been putting off. We don't mend all our cloths, some thing are discarded as they get stained and torn, but some are worth my time. Among those are especially bras and of course knits, even commercial knits.

This particular bra had already been mended before...

The other item that needed mending was my man's sweater:

He tore a hole in it helping a friend move.

I'm getting better at mending everytime I do it, so good in fact that I could hardly find my mend when I was ready to take a picture of it..


Are there things you mend? Do you mend everything or do you darn the Yarn Harlot way, i.e. holding your socks over the bin letting them go as you say 'darn'?

No comments:

Post a Comment