The joy of reunion

With New York is off the sticks I'm eager to preogress on the wonderful dress, I've been working on since mid-October. There is just this one tiny detail: I've not knit a stitch on it since December, specificly since December 5th, which is almost 2,5 months ago. 
That day the very thing that must not happen, happened. My bamboo circular got tired of the weight and snapped all of a sudden. I'm sure it wasn't me, who broke it, it did it by itself. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In January I borrowed a metal  circular, but I postponed the reunion until I had finished New York.
It didn't take long to figure out where I was at in the pattern and I've been looking forward to the miles and miles of stockinette stitches, without all the thinking and pattern that has to be moved etc. But man, a quater of a round in, I suddenly understood why that bamboo circular didn't want to play anymore. This knitting weighs a ton. I didn't really notice it when I was knitting on it every day, but after a full round my wrists were not quite as full of joy over this reunion as my soul was.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to all the stockinette stitches and seeing the dress finished. Right now it is just a big blop, but soon it will get more shapely and then some more pictures will appear, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment